What is RIGHT? What is WRONG?
In the midst of an aggressive spring cleaning spree I came across some old books from a college philosophy course in ethics and began to read. I couldn’t help but think of applying the fundamental questions of what is right and wrong to relationships and dating. The first thing that hit me was CHEATING! Most would agree that the act of cheating is “wrong.” But what’s to be said for the act of proving it?
Let’s say he’s cheating and you KNOW it. He hasn’t been acting like himself and you’ve got a gut feeling. You just can’t prove it yet and you want EVIDENCE. There are countless ways to go about it, but now you have to start thinking about the possibility of compromising some of your own moral principles.
How far will YOU go to get the information you DESERVE?
We are faced with scenarios every day that put our value systems on the line. We find ourselves confronted with decisions that may force us to make some unsettling compromises.
Let’s assume you deem it “okay” to conduct an Official Cheating Investigation. You are the KGB and you need INTEL!
One optimal way to conduct an Official Cheating Investigation revolves around his cyber behavior. Technology has enhanced communication to the point where it has become difficult to conceal cheating!
Let’s take a look at some OPTIONS:
- If you haven’t been already, start to follow his activity consistently. You will see patterns. Look for a clear departure from the content on which he generally comments and likes. You should see a change in his “Like Ratio.” Watch for a reallocation of likes and comments to anyone else, and keep your eyes glued to his new friends. Go to their profiles immediately, google them, and stay on top of HIM (figuratively for now).
- What’s going on with that new “FRIEND” Kristyn? Is he liking her posts more often? Is he constantly commenting? Does it look like he puts a lot of time into crafting comments with double entendres or including inside jokes? Can you detect thinly-veiled references to seeing each other, either previously or in the near future?
- Review his private messages (see below).
- An app that allows messages to be sent and erased from existence in seconds. Is this app on his phone? Unless he needs it for reasons that you are aware of, the app itself is clear evidence that HE HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE.
Expand Your Search!
- There are so many ways to cheat through technology that it could become difficult to keep up with the change! Keep researching to see what’s trending. He could be using Ashley Madison, meet2cheat or something NONE OF US have heard of yet! There are services like Spokeo that will allow you to use his email to find all of its registered social channels.
He could be using a stealth email. You may need dig deeper (see below):
Let’s now assume that you went ahead and tried these tactics to little or no avail. You CAN go farther if you choose. Today’s tech solutions make cheating investigations super easy to conduct. You can do one from the office…or the comfort of your bedroom.
Would you go so far as to use his sleeping fingerprint to open his iPhone?
You’ve hit your breaking point, and at your wits end you decide to get down and dirty. You will have access to his private messages, texts, email, EVERYTHING… your “family” data plan is the limit! This is the EASIEST and FASTEST way to find the evidence you DESERVE.
However, setting out on this course would move your decision making to a more extreme point on the moral spectrum. Is it “wrong” to go about it this way? How would you FEEL about it?
Let’s consider a few questions and open a dialogue:
- Do the means justify the end if you choose to break into his phone?
- Do you find the act of breaking into his phone “wrong” or “objectionable” in and of itself regardless of the outcome?
- Where would you draw the line? What do you believe is RIGHT and what do you believe is WRONG?